PythonCAD is a CAD package written in Python. The PythonCAD project aims to produce a scriptable, open-source, intuitive, cross platform CAD package.
Old Web Site of the project PythonCAD website:
Sourceforge Site of current Project PythonCAD website on Sourceforge:
Since May 2009 PythonCad has a new maintainer. Currently, we are working on the R38 release, that we hope to release as stable in Agoust 2010. The new features of this release are:
- Easy way to modify line and arc dimensions, with double click
- Titleblock with ISO format
- Dynamic Trim
- Modified interface to improve working with colours and text heights
- Import /export Dxf
- Improve Performance in Drawing (Now Use Cairo for rendering)
- Hatch Command
We are rewriting the base software and the interface .. so the R38 will be out for the end of 2010 ..
Since Dicember 1th 2009, the current version of PythonCAD is release 37.
This release is the first releas of the new developer team.
According to the PythonCAD website, these are the main changes:
- dynamic zoom, pan (we still have some performace problems)
- dynamic snap
- two segment fillet
- reorganizing the menu items
- Add Help menu With AboutButton
- Fix Bug on copyPastecommand
Work began on PythonCAD in July, 2002, and the first public release was on December 21, 2002. The first developement team stop to develop PythonCad In the 2007. In May 2009 A new developer team star to develop Pythoncad since now. We are currently approaching R38 release that will implement a new kernel (with database support based on SQLite) and a new interface (written with PyQt4).